Paperless Parts is a Boston-based SaaS startup that is leading the digital transformation for custom part manufacturers with a software platform that helps manufacturers increase revenue and win more business. With the pandemic accelerating digital transformation and our customers performing truly essential services, our company has grown faster than ever in the last year.
Paperless Parts has a vision of helping companies manufacture things better. The company is working to connect, align & automate the manufacturing ecosystem by providing a trusted rich common digital language, tools & network. Our engineers combine exceptional technical skills with a drive to collaborate, communicate, and make our customers successful. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 50 employees at a rapidly growing startup that is revolutionizing American, and global, manufacturing.
Our customers rely on a variety of software systems to manage their manufacturing operations. As a software engineer focused on integrations, you will build both productized and completely custom solutions for connecting Paperless Parts to a wide range of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and other systems. Each integration presents unique challenges, and you’ll discover each customer’s needs with your excellent written and verbal communication skills and by utilizing your broad technical background.
You will thrive coming up with creative solutions to open-ended technical problems and implementing those solutions using technologies the team will be able to support long-term. You’ll become an expert in the Paperless Parts Platform, while collaborating with the product team on the API. You’ll organize and run customer meetings, being the technical expert assisting our customer success team. You’ll recognize common needs of our customer base, and contribute to our toolkit of software solutions. As we grow, you will contribute to recruiting, leading, and mentoring our application engineering team.
If you and Paperless Parts are a great fit, you’ll achieve these outcomes soon after starting:
- Learn the Paperless Parts Platform, including how our API and SDK can be used to manage data.
- Blaze a trail with a new industry partner by leading the implementation of an off-the-shelf integration product
- Participate in sales and onboarding calls as the technical expert
- Balance multiple projects, including getting comfortable meeting with customers and knowing how to effectively bring in help from the rest of the team
- Contribute to the design and development of our APIs and SDKs to make future projects more efficient
- Travel to one or more customer sites to better understand how manufacturing shops operate (once it is safe to do so)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Windows-based business IT environments
- Strong coding skills in at least one language
- Fluency in one or more of: Python, SQL, .NET, Linux, and using REST APIs
- Some experience with “job shop” manufacturing
- Willingness to travel when necessary to customer facilities (0-25% of the time)
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws.
About Paperless Parts
Paperless Parts is the secure, ITAR registered and compliant cloud-based platform that is revolutionizing manufacturing. Paperless Parts drives manufacturing operations for a wide range of industries, including aerospace, national defense, technology and the private sector.
Paperless Parts comprises an experienced team with backgrounds in manufacturing, mechanical engineering, software, start-ups and national defense, and is backed by industry experts and top angel investors.
- Team: You will be joining a highly driven, ambitious, experienced, and motivated team that is dedicated to changing the future of the manufacturing industry.
- Culture: This is a start-up – we work hard, but also celebrate our wins together. We recognize the hard work of our teammates, help where we can, share feedback, and constantly push each other to improve. Everyone in the company has a voice – there are no politics here, just a shared mission and strong desire to succeed.
- Location: Our headquarters are located near North Station for easy access from most transit routes (1 minute walk from Orange/Green line, 3 minute walk from Commuter Rail, or 6 minute walk from Blue line).
- Office: Our office has been intentionally designed for comfortable productivity, with a combination of open collaborative spaces, individual desks (with ergonomic chairs and adjustable height desks) and quiet focus areas.
- Benefits / Perks: We recognize that our team works hard and ask that you take time when you need it. We have a foosball table, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and snacks. Our team makes it a point to step away from work and come together for lunch every Friday. We cover healthcare premiums through Tufts Health Plan and Delta Dental.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.