Your mission as a Full Stack Engineer at Paperless Parts is to have a huge impact on our team, customers, and the global manufacturing industry. As one of the first 25 employees at a startup revolutionizing American, and global manufacturing, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with awesome teammates to deliver valuable features to our users with high quality and on a predictable schedule. As a gritty self-starter, our organization will enable you to work across teams in order to identify solutions for business problems and make them a reality. You will work with product managers and designers to develop an elite user experience and implement tight UI components while considering latency, security, and usability. You are passionate about software design and architecture and love learning and using modern tools like React with Redux. You may not be an expert with this stack yet, but you ARE an expert at learning new things and getting up to speed quickly. You’re also not shy implementing or modifying APIs and database schema — whatever it takes to bring new features to life. As a natural leader, you guide the team on web development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build. As we grow, you will contribute to recruiting, leading, and mentoring our technical team.
If you and Paperless Parts are a great fit, you’ll achieve these outcomes soon after starting:
- Prove you are gritty – Commit code on your first day
- Show your curiosity – Visit your first local manufacturing shop to begin learning about this industry
- Be intentional – Fully scope a feature with the product team and break down and estimate the development effort
- Have a bias towards action – Lead implementation of a complex user story
- Deliver a simple solution – ship a feature that positively impacts our customers
- Have coffee or go for a walk individually with every person on the team
(We don’t expect you to have it all, but it would certainly help!)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- 2+ years professional software engineering experience
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
- Proficiency in React
- Proficiency in Python and Django REST Framework
- Experience working with 3D graphics or data
- Familiarity with manufacturing, prototyping, machining, and/or 3D printing
- Passion for changing an old-school industry by inventing the tools and systems of the future
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws.
About Paperless Parts
Paperless Parts is the secure, ITAR registered and compliant cloud-based platform that is revolutionizing manufacturing. Paperless Parts drives manufacturing operations for a wide range of industries, including aerospace, national defense, technology and the private sector.
Paperless Parts comprises an experienced team with backgrounds in manufacturing, mechanical engineering, software, start-ups and national defense, and is backed by industry experts and top angel investors.
- Team: You will be joining a highly driven, ambitious, experienced, and motivated team that is dedicated to changing the future of the manufacturing industry.
- Culture: This is a start-up – we work hard, but also celebrate our wins together. We recognize the hard work of our teammates, help where we can, share feedback, and constantly push each other to improve. Everyone in the company has a voice – there are no politics here, just a shared mission and strong desire to succeed.
- Location: Our headquarters are located near North Station for easy access from most transit routes (1 minute walk from Orange/Green line, 3 minute walk from Commuter Rail, or 6 minute walk from Blue line).
- Office: Our office has been intentionally designed for comfortable productivity, with a combination of open collaborative spaces, individual desks (with ergonomic chairs and adjustable height desks) and quiet focus areas.
- Benefits / Perks: We recognize that our team works hard and ask that you take time when you need it. We have a foosball table, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and snacks. Our team makes it a point to step away from work and come together for lunch every Friday. We cover healthcare premiums through Tufts Health Plan and Delta Dental.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.