As the first team member dedicated completely to application engineering, your mission is to do what it takes to successfully build custom solutions for American manufacturers to connect Paperless Parts with their critical software systems, automate tedious manual processes, and meet their data reporting needs. You’ll become an expert in the Paperless Parts platform and work closely with manufacturers to customize it to streamline their quoting process by writing code in P3L (Paperless Parts Pricing Language), our own domain-specific language based on Python. You’ll organize and run customer meetings, being the technical expert assisting our customer success team. You’ll recognize common needs of our customer base, and contribute to our toolkit of software solutions. As we grow, you will contribute to recruiting, leading, and mentoring our application engineering team.
If you and Paperless Parts are a great fit, you’ll achieve these outcomes soon after starting:
- Learn the Paperless Parts platform, including how to customize the pricing engine with P3L (Paperless Parts Pricing Language).
- Lead the implementation of an off-the-shelf product
- Participate in sales and onboarding calls as the technical expert
- Balance multiple projects, including getting comfortable meeting with customers and knowing how to effectively bring in help from the rest of the team
- Contribute to the design and development of our APIs and SDKs to make future projects more efficient
- Travel to one or more customer sites to better understand how manufacturing shops operate (once it is safe to do so)
(We don’t expect you to have it all, but it would certainly help!)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Windows-based business IT environments
- Strong coding skills in at least one language
- Fluency in one or more of: Python, SQL, .NET, Linux, and using REST APIs
- Some experience with “job shop” manufacturing
- Willingness to travel when necessary to customer facilities (0-25% of the time)
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws.
About Paperless Parts
Paperless Parts is the secure, ITAR registered and compliant cloud-based platform that is revolutionizing manufacturing. Paperless Parts drives manufacturing operations for a wide range of industries, including aerospace, national defense, technology and the private sector.
Paperless Parts comprises an experienced team with backgrounds in manufacturing, mechanical engineering, software, start-ups and national defense, and is backed by industry experts and top angel investors.
- Team: You will be joining a highly driven, ambitious, experienced, and motivated team that is dedicated to changing the future of the manufacturing industry.
- Culture: This is a start-up – we work hard, but also celebrate our wins together. We recognize the hard work of our teammates, help where we can, share feedback, and constantly push each other to improve. Everyone in the company has a voice – there are no politics here, just a shared mission and strong desire to succeed.
- Location: Our headquarters are located near North Station for easy access from most transit routes (1 minute walk from Orange/Green line, 3 minute walk from Commuter Rail, or 6 minute walk from Blue line).
- Office: Our office has been intentionally designed for comfortable productivity, with a combination of open collaborative spaces, individual desks (with ergonomic chairs and adjustable height desks) and quiet focus areas.
- Benefits / Perks: We recognize that our team works hard and ask that you take time when you need it. We have a foosball table, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and snacks. Our team makes it a point to step away from work and come together for lunch every Friday. We cover healthcare premiums through Tufts Health Plan and Delta Dental.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.