Paperless Parts is a SaaS platform that empowers machine shops to thrive in the highly competitive global landscape of Industry 4.0. There are over 20,000 independent machine shops in the U.S. that have a combined revenue of $30 billion. The industry is highly fragmented with the 50 largest companies holding less than 10 percent of the market. Only a few hundred companies have revenue over $10 million. Facing numerous threats from large conglomerates, foreign competitors, and the increasing pace of technology – we are their champions.
The primary role of the Sales Account Executive is to drive the sales process from prospecting for new machine shop customers to providing demos with application engineers and closing sales. The Account Executive will accomplish this by cold calling, emailing, leveraging LinkedIn, partnering with marketing and our internal teams to strategically target and generate new business. During this process, the Account Executive will be responsible for tracking metrics closely to refine the sales process and drive the success of future hires. Specifically, you will work to:
- Narrow the characteristics of machine shops that are most sales-efficient to refine our lead and opportunity qualification elements
- Work with marketing on defining MQLs, help us optimize the flow between BDRs, Account Executives, and Application Engineers
- Be methodical in testing which value proposition messages work the best with our preferred buyer types
It is the Account Executive’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the manufacturing market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- 2-5 years of professional sales experience with strong familiarity with sales pipeline reporting
- An entrepreneurial mindset, independent working style and indefatigable work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree (Sales/Marketing/Engineering)
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to craft and refine effective messaging
- Understanding the software sales process and experience selling similarly sized deals ($2-10k) and cycles (45 days)
- A passion for the manufacturing industry and the desire to learn more about how things are made
- The desire to grow into a sales leadership position and recruit new team members
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.