Paperless Parts is a SaaS platform that empowers machine shops to thrive in the highly competitive global landscape of Industry 4.0. There are over 20,000 independent machine shops in the U.S. that have a combined revenue of $30 billion. The industry is highly fragmented with the 50 largest companies holding less than 10 percent of the market. Only a few hundred companies have revenue over $10 million. Facing numerous threats from large conglomerates, foreign competitors, and the increasing pace of technology – we are their champions.
The mission of the release manager is to be the operations glue between sales, marketing, customer success, product, and engineering. This person completely owns release frequency and release quality. As a release manager, they are responsible for deciding what’s in a particular release and making the final go/no-go decision on release candidates. They maintain a map of the site’s critical features and understand exactly how each of those are regression tested. This person must effectively use the developer resources available to streamline the release and quality assurance (QA) process, for example by manually testing, crowdsourcing, using Selenium, and delegating tasks to other team members. They are also the first point of contact for elevated support issues coming from the sales and customer success teams. As information flows in from users, they understand how to sort these issues into buckets by root cause: user training, critical bugs, non-critical bugs, feature requests. They know exactly where each of those issues lives in our support tool and product backlog. They can solve many problems on their own, but also know when they need to bring in other engineers.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum process
- Excellent written communication skills
- Natural tendency to put things into a system and follow through on tasks
- Interest in manufacturing or experience with CNC machines, laser cutting, or 3D printing
- Computer science or related technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- This position is subject to export control laws (see more information below)
- Compensation – Competitive pay with benefits and stock options – we want people who understand the value of equity and want to own a piece of what they are helping build
- Hours – We work hard – it’s a start-up – but we are building amazing solutions that drastically enhance one of the world’s largest industries
- Vacation – We don’t have a formal vacation policy. Smart people need rest to operate at the highest level, so we expect you will take vacation when you need it and when it makes sense for your ongoing projects.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.