Paperless Parts is a SaaS platform that empowers machine shops to thrive in the highly competitive global landscape of Industry 4.0. There are over 20,000 independent machine shops in the U.S. that have a combined revenue of $30 billion. The industry is highly fragmented with the 50 largest companies holding less than 10 percent of the market. Only a few hundred companies have revenue over $10 million. Facing numerous threats from large conglomerates, foreign competitors, and the increasing pace of technology – we are their champions.
Paperless Parts is looking for its first Product Designer. This individual will help shape the product and craft the company’s brand. This is a high-impact, high visibility role; you will be given carte blanche to reimagine the product and implement the vision with the early Tech and Product teams. You will work closely with the CPO and CMO.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining the company’s design system to enable the creation of products in a scalable and repeatable way. You will help establish brand guidelines and a cohesive visual identity. You will be responsible for crafting a delightful and seamless user experience.
You must exhibit exceptional communication and organizational skills. As the team grows, you will contribute to recruiting, leading, and mentoring the product design team. You must balance extreme attention-to-detail with a consideration of the bigger picture and a relentless focus on speed and efficiency.
This role will be focused on the web platform, but the best candidate will understand how to craft a consistent experience across platforms..
- 3 years experience in web design, plus experience shipping products
- Ability to context-switch, multi-task, and juggle changing priorities
- Experience mapping user flows and journeys
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Proficiency in design tools like Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- CSS/HTML/coding experience
- Experience in video production
- A passion for tinkering or making physical products
- Compensation – Competitive pay with benefits and stock options – we want people who understand the value of equity and want to own a piece of what they are helping to build
- Hours – We work hard – it’s a start-up – but we are building amazing solutions that drastically enhance one of the world’s largest industries
- Vacation – We don’t have a formal vacation policy. Smart people need rest to operate at the highest level, so we expect you will take vacation when you need it and when it makes sense for your ongoing projects.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.