Paperless Parts has a vision of helping companies manufacture things better. Paperless Parts connects, aligns & automates the manufacturing ecosystem by providing a trusted rich common digital language, tools & network. Paperless Parts has established a solid, repeatable business and is beginning to scale quickly, and needs amazing people to help.
We seek a Director of Marketing that can drive the top of the pipeline with highly targeted and measured marketing activities. Our Director of Marketing will create and run marketing experiments to determine the most effective way to communicate with our target market the value proposition that Paperless Parts provides (both the words to use and the medium(s) of communication). As a member of the executive management team the Director of Marketing will report to the CEO, and work with the CRO to play a significant role in shaping the company’s strategic planning.
Our ideal candidate has both a strong background and work experience in both team management and marketing execution. This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA.
- Meet and learn about our existing and potential customers to understand the challenges they face, where they get information, and how they communicate.
- Run controlled experiments to identify and implement optimal marketing practices (digital and physical) to maximize information value to the potential customer, brand awareness, and inbound MQLs.
- Measure and validate the success of marketing campaigns by meticulously tracking cost per MQL, conversion rates to SAL, SQL and Dollarized Opportunities.
- Collaborate with product and account management to market to existing customers to drive new feature adoption, upsells, and referrals.
- Work with design to optimize our website messaging along with building our content hub “In the Shop” to ensure it provides customers and prospects with valuable information.
- Work with product, sales, strategic relationships and the CEO to support day-to-day and long-term metrics review & planning.
- Make & execute marketing-equivalent OKRs that align with Paperless Parts business OKRs.
- Manage outside consultants or make internal hires to support public relations, content creation, SEO, PPC, ABM, or other marketing functions as needed for bandwidth.
- Learn the value of the Paperless Parts platform and new features as they are released to effectively communicate with existing and prospective customers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or marketing.
- Five+ years of direct work experience in marketing a software technology company. Two of those should include being part of a company executive team.
- Experience building and executing a marketing strategy from scratch to scale a company from millions to tens of millions in ARR.
- Expert knowledge of modern marketing methods & tools.
Our Director of Marketing can look forward to:
- A diverse, hard-working, fun-loving, and thoughtful work environment and colleagues.
- A collaborative, compassionate environment with people who strive to be and do their best for each other, customers, and direct care workers.
- Distributed yet tightly-knit team
- Competitive pay for a new and growing company which rewards success
- A market with high growth through recession and beyond
- Knowing that you are working to solve one of the greatest challenges facing the world: ensuring the future stability and prosperity of the manufacturing supply chain
About Paperless Parts
Paperless Parts is the secure, ITAR registered and compliant cloud-based platform that is revolutionizing manufacturing. Paperless Parts drives manufacturing operations for a wide range of industries, including aerospace, national defense, technology and the private sector.
Paperless Parts comprises an experienced team with backgrounds in manufacturing, mechanical engineering, software, start-ups and national defense, and is backed by industry experts and top angel investors.
- Team: You will be joining a highly driven, ambitious, experienced, and motivated team that is dedicated to changing the future of the manufacturing industry.
- Culture: This is a start-up – we work hard, but also celebrate our wins together. We recognize the hard work of our teammates, help where we can, share feedback, and constantly push each other to improve. Everyone in the company has a voice – there are no politics here, just a shared mission and strong desire to succeed.
- Location: Our headquarters are located near North Station for easy access from most transit routes (1 minute walk from Orange/Green line, 3 minute walk from Commuter Rail, or 6 minute walk from Blue line).
- Office: Our office has been intentionally designed for comfortable productivity, with a combination of open collaborative spaces, individual desks (with ergonomic chairs and adjustable height desks) and quiet focus areas.
- Benefits / Perks: We recognize that our team works hard and ask that you take time when you need it. We have a foosball table, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and snacks. Our team makes it a point to step away from work and come together for lunch every Friday. We cover healthcare premiums through Tufts Health Plan and Delta Dental.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.