Paperless Parts is a SaaS platform that empowers machine shops to thrive in the highly competitive global landscape of Industry 4.0. There are over 20,000 independent machine shops in the U.S. that have a combined revenue of $30 billion. The industry is highly fragmented with the 50 largest companies holding less than 10 percent of the market. Only a few hundred companies have revenue over $10 million. Facing numerous threats from large conglomerates, foreign competitors, and the increasing pace of technology – we are their champions.
We are looking for an experienced, product-minded, full stack engineer to lead development of marketplace features and supplier-facing tools. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for building the best customer experience possible, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will collaborate with product managers and designers to create our product’s vision and turn it into a technical solution. You will work with other software engineers to deliver inspiring customer-facing products. You will also guide the team on web development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build. As we grow, you will contribute to recruiting, leading, and mentoring our technical team.
This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company.
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
- Proficiency in React is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
- Understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Specific experience with much of our technology stack (React, Django REST framework, PostgreSQL, Docker, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience building large frontend applications using tools like React, Redux, and redux-saga
- Experience working with 3D graphics or data and interfacing with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools
- Experience with precision manufacturing (CNC Machining, Laser Cutting, Sheet Metal)
- Familiarity with 3D printing and prototyping (FDM, SLS, SLA, DMLS)
- Passion for changing an old-school industry by inventing the tools and systems of the future
- Compensation – Competitive pay with benefits and stock options – we want people who understand the value of equity and want to own a piece of what they are helping build
- Hours – We work hard – it’s a start-up – but we are building amazing solutions that drastically enhance one of the world’s largest industries
- Vacation – We don’t have a formal vacation policy. Smart people need rest to operate at the highest level, so we expect you will take vacation when you need it and when it makes sense for your ongoing projects.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.